Selangor Journal

Putrajaya needs Selangor’s approval for RM200 billion Pulau Carey project

BY: ERMIZI MUHAMAD
BENTONG, FEB 4: There will not be any port development project on Pulau Carey as long as it does not get any official approval from the Selangor government.
This firm stand was stated by Selangor Dato’ Menteri Besar, Dato’ Seri Mohamed Azmin Ali when commenting on the Federal Government’s suggestion to build a port worth RM200 billion at the area.
“Any suggestion must be referred to the State Government beforehand, because approval at the district office and local level has to be taken into consideration.
“(The process of) negotiation must be done before any form of development is done,” he told SelangorKini when met at an afternoon tea event today.
The media had previously described the port project as an industrial port township encompassing a 100 square feet area, twice as big as Putrajaya.
Following the report, the indigenous tribe Mah Meri voiced their concern that the development would impact the tourism and culture of the Orang Asal who live there.
However, Mohamed Azmin said the State Government is aware of the development project through an early report from the State Economic Planning Unit (UPEN).
“UPEN informed the State Treasury and through the early report that I received, the land is owned by Sime Darby.
“In fact, the proposed project is not owned by the State Government, but is a Federal Government project,” he said.

Top Picks

Experts tell parents to worry about effects of Covid-19, not vaccine, on their children

Editor Selangor Journal

Taman Templer community, teens to get 500 vaccine doses this Sunday

Editor Selangor Journal

Jelajah Selangor Bekerja focuses on creating skilled manpower with ideal salaries

Editor Selangor Journal