- 15 Assemblyman are females which make up 27 percent of the total Assemblymen in Selangor State Assembly (DNS).
- Women are being appointed as DNS Speaker. Hannah Yeoh is the first female Speaker in the history of Malaysia.
- Two State Government Council Members (Exco), two Yang DiPertua of local authorities and one District Officer are females.
- 41 percent of State Government Senior Officers are females.
- Appointments of two female judges in Selangor Syariah High Court, seven female judges in Selangor Syariah Low Court and 59 female Council Members.
SOURCE: Speech by Selangor Health, Welfare, Women and Family Development Standing Committee Chairman, DR DAROYAH ALWI during 2017 SELANGOR STATE WORLD WOMEN’S DAY CELEBRATION & LAUNCH OF #HEFORSHE CLUB. March 21, 2017 – Geno Hotel, Subang
PREPARED BY: MOHD EZLI MASHUT