BY AFIX REDZUAN
SHAH ALAM, JUL 20: Dato’ Menteri Besar, Dato’ Seri Mohamed Azmin Ali disappointed with the decision of the Court of Appeal which did not give any reason when dismissing the State Government’s appeal in the application for disclosure of documents in the case of re-delineation between the Selangor Government and the Election Commission (EC).
Through his official Facebook page, he said that he was shocked by the Appeal of the Senior Federal Counsel at the Court of Appeals today that locality data, locality codes, locality names and addresses of 136,272 Selangor voters used in the re-delineation in 1994 and 2003 were disposed and did not exist anymore.
“This is very serious because how an official data that is a major reference in the re-delineation process can be destroyed without any copy.
“This data is important for Selangor voters to exercise their right to check the authenticity of the latest re-delineation process in the state,” he said.
Earlier, Court of Appeal Judge Datuk Setia Mohd Zawawi Salleh in his decision dismissing the Selangor Government’s application to set aside a new re-delineation process in the state.
At the same time, the Kuala Lumpur High Court had previously issued an injunction to the State Government to stop the EC from submitting a new re-delineation report to the Prime Minister.
The decision was made after taking into account the interpretation of the State Government on Section 8 in the 13th Schedule of the Federal Constitution.
However, the EC in a judicial proceeding in the Court of Appeals claimed that information relating to locality of the data on the composition of the first time voter registration was “abolished” at the Federal level for a period of seven years.
MB: Rejection of application for documents disclosure without reason disappointing
BY AFIX REDZUAN