The 1 Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) is increasingly receiving attention from the public.
How sadistic that RM20 billion of people’s money was allegedly misused by parties who are closely related to MO1 for their personal use, including to rent luxury yatchs, hotels, making pornographic movies and other things detrimental to the people and the country.
Now the BN Umno government is playing with the forex issue to divert the attention of the citizens who are angry and disappointed with the 1MDB fund embezzlement.
KEADILAN strongly support the establishment of the Royal Commission of Inquiry (RCI) to investigate any issue or scandal involving national funds.
Any form of protection on the 1MDB fund embezzlement will only dishonor the country’s good name, in fact, now the international community is easily labelling Malaysia as a corrupted country or a country governed by kleptocrats.
- I would like to call on the citizens to think of the cost of these corruption, malpractice and cronyism which have been practiced by Umno BN. These practices are not limited to 1MDB alone, in fact such practice also occurs in big cases such as the water case in Sabah, the extraordinary wealth of some leaders and the bumiputera housing scandal in Johore.
- The fact is, the Umno BN government, government-linked companies (GLC) and a handful of civil servants are involved in these malpractices that are detrimental to their own country.
- It is only through reforms and change of government will we have the opportunities to change and address these problems compared to preserving Umno BN, which has been implicated with so many issues and scandals that humiliate the country.
In fact, if the change of government materialises, the citizens themselves will find out many other cases which have never been disclosed or released by the media. What we know now is just the tip of the icerberg.
- KEADILAN is committed to investigate the national scandals, especially the one that ‘vanished’ a huge sums of money belonging to the citizens for personal luxury. RCI will be formed in stages to investigate these scandals thoroughly.
In this matter, the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC), the Malaysian Royal Police Force (PDRM), National Audit Department and the courts need to be fair in the process of investigating and punishing. These enforcement bodies cannot be interfered by any political parties to ensure that offenders are brought to justice.
- KEADILAN will cooperate with foreign countries and the Interpol to ensure that they (criminals) do not take refuge abroad under political asylum, if Pakatan Harapan wins the 14th General Election (GE14).
- Pakatan Harapan will also conduct a special investigation to trace the ‘lost’ money, whether it was stolen, kept in certain locations or turned into luxury assets that do not benefit the citizens.
These funds should be returned to the country to repay the unproductive debts created by Umno BN, to streamline the national tax policies to not burden the people and the balance will be used for welfare programmes that eliminate poverty and close the wide gap between the rich and the poor.
I am certain that the misappropriated funds can be returned to the people to rebuild Malaysia which has been severely damaged by Umno BN’s failure to curb corruption and cronyism initiated by their own leaders.
Dato ‘Saifuddin Nasution Ismail
Parti Keadilan Rakyat