KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 11 — The Budget 2020 saw several allocations for the state of Selangor, which was tabled by Finance Ministry Lim Guan Eng in Parliament, here today.
Here are some benefits the state will be receiving the following year.
– The Federal government will undertake an in-depth feasibility study on the development of Pulau Carey to make Port Klang a regional maritime centre and cargo logistics hub, as the port is currently globally the 12th busiest container port, and is expected to reach its full capacity in the next five years.
– RM50 million is allocated for the repair and maintenance of roads leading to Port Klang. The Transport Ministry will also commence feasibility studies on the Serendah-Port Klang Rail Bypass for cargo shipments and the Klang Logistics Corridor, which are estimated to cost RM8.3billion.
– New schools to be built in several areas including Hulu Langat, Langkawi, Kulai, Putrajaya, Pasir Gudang, Tumpat, Marang and Johor Bahru.
– RM1.6 billion allocated for the construction of new hospitals as well as upgrading and expansion of existing ones, which includes Tengku Ampuan Rahimah Hospital in Klang.
– The approval by the Cabinet to acquire four highways in Klang Valley — Shah Alam Expressway (KESAS), Damansara-Puchong Expressway (LDP), Sprint Expressway (SPRINT) and SMART Tunnel (SMART).