Selangor Journal
Flood waters began to rise following the continuous downpour around Kampung Parit Gantong and Kampung Parit Pulai in Parit Sulong, Batu Pahat, on June 21, 2020. — Picture by BERNAMA

Johor recovers from floods, more relief centres close

JOHOR BAHRU, June 25 — The flood situation in Johor continues to improve with the number of evacuees decreasing and more temporary evacuation centres being closed as more people return to their homes.

State Health and Environment Committee chairman R. Vidyananthan said the number of evacuees at 8pm yesterday was 575 people from 143 families compared to 640 people from 161 families at 4pm.

Six evacuation centres, one in Muar District, one in Kulai and four in Pontian were closed in stages from 2.30pm to 5pm yesterday.

“Muar still has the highest number of flood evacuees with 216 people from 59 families, followed by Pontian with 173 victims from 37 families and Batu Pahat with 186 people from 47 families,” he said in a statement here yesterday.

So far, 11 evacuation centres are still open in the three districts.

— Bernama

Top Picks

Eligible members can apply for i-Sinar beginning mid-December – EPF

Editor Selangor Journal

No more compromise with employers violating Act 466 — Labour Dept

Editor Selangor Journal

Two of three bullets removed from Norihan’s body

Editor Selangor Journal