KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 20 — The Federal government will impose the enhanced movement control order (EMCO) in Kampung Saguking Laut and Kampung Sebor Baru in Labuan from October 21 to November 3.
Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said the 14-day EMCO was aimed at controlling public movement in the two villages and to facilitate Covid-19 screenings by the Health Ministry.
“It will involve 8,062 villagers…they have also been instructed to observe home surveillance order and to wear the surveillance wristband,” he told a press conference on the latest development of the recovery movement control order here today.
Ismail Sabri said movement in and out of the two villages will not be allowed, except for emergency cases, and the villagers were also not allowed to work during the EMCO period.
All social and recreational activities, as well as barter trade, are also not allowed,” he said.
Nevertheless, Ismail Sabri some flexibilities would be given to business activities to continue generating the economy, such as grocery stores and food outlets as they would be allowed to run their business by take-away method up to 6 pm.
“The wellbeing of the villagers will be taken care of by the local authorities and the Social Welfare Department,” he said.
Labuan is currently under the Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) from October 17 to 31.
As of yesterday, Labuan recorded 154 cases from two clusters, namely the Bah Layangan Cluster and Bangat Cluster.
Meanwhile, Ismail Sabri said there has yet to be any decision on whether or not to expend the CMCO as it depended on the current situation of the virus infection.
However, he said the power to change the status from CMCO to recovery movement control order (RMCO) is in the people’s hands.
So far, the CMCO is being imposed in Sabah, Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya and Labuan.
In Sabah, the CMCO started from October 13-26, while in Selangor, Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya from October 14 to 27.