KUALA LUMPUR, Dec 14 — The enhanced movement control order (EMCO) in Kampung Desa Bajau and Kampung Dasar Baru, Lahad Datu, Sabah, which is scheduled to end tomorrow, will be extended by another 14 days until December 29, said Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.
He said the Health Ministry (MOH) had conducted 1,439 screening tests and 238 cumulative cases of positive Covid-19 had been recorded in the two localities so far.
“MOH also confirmed that the results of 1,160 test samples are still not ready and there is risk of Covid-19 spreading among residents following a high number of active cases,” he said in a statement today.
Meanwhile, the EMCO at Top Glove Hostel in Klang, Selangor which began on November 17 was ended today after MOH had conducted 5,805 screenings and detected 4,305 cumulative positive cases.
“After 28 days of EMCO enforcement in the area, MOH found a declining trend in the positive cases detected and there were no more test samples with pending results,” he added.
Ismail Sabri said all negative cases had served out the Home Surveillance Order (HSO) for two incubation periods of Covid-19.
He said 14 of the 28 factories which had been temporarily shut were allowed to resume operations after all the workers were screened and the premises sanitised, while the remaining 14 would be reopened in stages.
“The Top Glove management has also been directed to abide by the instructions on the management of the Covid-19 pandemic among the workers after the end of the EMCO,” he added.
Ismail Sabri also said the EMCO at the Sibuga Temporary Detention Centre (PTS) which began on December 2 would end tomorrow as scheduled.
He said as at December 11, MOH had conducted 1,062 screening tests and recorded 217 cumulative cases of Covid-19.
“However, there are now only 29 active Covid-19 cases involving detainees and staff of the centre who are still being treated,” he added.
Meanwhile, 360 individuals were arrested by police for violating the Movement Control Order (MCO) yesterday, with 340 being issued compound fines and 20 remanded.
“The offences included failing to observe physical distancing (186), not providing equipment to record customers’ details (100), not wearing face masks (47), entertainment centre activities (10) and others (17),” he said.
On the Operasi Benteng yesterday, he said 23 illegal immigrants were arrested and five land vehicles and a boat were seized.
The government would continue to tighten border controls especially at illegal routes to check illegal entry into the country, he said.
He also said from July 24 until yesterday, 85,798 individuals had returned to the country via international entry points and had been placed at 76 hotels and 16 Public Training Institutes and private institutions of higher learning throughout the country.
“Of this number, 10,979 individuals are undergoing compulsory quarantine, 528 individuals were sent to hospital for treatment and 74,291 were allowed to return home,” he said, adding that they returned from 36 countries.
On Covid-19 public sanitisation exercise yesterday, he said 27 operations were conducted in 10 red zones, two orange zones, eight yellow zones and two green zones involving 12 states.