SHAH ALAM, March 1 — The Education Ministry (MOE) has reminded those in school to practise the new norms as the schools reopen today.
The ministry said teachers and students must abide by eight steps to prevent the spread of the Covid-19 infection:
- Health screening at the entrance
- Washing hands regularly with water and soap or hand wash liquid
- Physical distancing
- The right coughing and sneezing etiquettes
- No activities involving assemblies
- Regular cleaning of surfaces that are often touched
- Opening the windows and doors for better air ventilation
- Ensure that the school toilets are always clean
Pre-school students, Year One and Two begin face-to-face studies today, followed by Year Three, Four, Five and Six on March 8.
Secondary schools will begin on April 4 in Johor, Kedah, Kelantan and Terengganu while the other states will commence on April 5.