By Mustakim Ramli
KUALA LANGAT, March 22 — The Selangor government will be organising more physical events especially catering to the youths once the movement control order (MCO) period ends.
Menteri Besar Dato’ Seri Amirudin Shari said the state administration is currently focusing on virtual events such as the Selangor Xtiv Virtual e-Sport, which saw an overwhelming response.
“I believe the MCO will end sometime this year and this would enable us to hold more physical events involving the youths,” said Amirudin during a youth programme in Kampung Sijangkang, here yesterday.
The programme, which offered free oil change for 100 residents in the area, was organised by the Kuala Langat youths in conjunction with the ‘Jelajah Kita Selangor’ tour.
Meanwhile, Amirudin said the state will also look into the needs of the youths to ensure that they are equipped with the facilities and suitable venue to hold any activities.
“We previously had the Youth Square, but it has been over five years so we would need to see the condition as surely it would require some upgrading works,” he said.
Selangor is the only state in Malaysia to have successfully organised a large-scale e-sport event beginning last year, which had targetted the youths across the country.
The upcoming event slated to be held from March until December will involve 10 phases of competition with a total cash prize of RM250,000.