By Zareef Muzammil
SHAH ALAM, July 9 — Almost 3,000 applications have been submitted as of yesterday for the RM20 rebate for using e-hailing Grab rides to vaccination centres(PPV).
Menteri Besar Selangor (Incorporated) (MBI) Corporate Social Responsibility head Ahmad Azri Zainal Nor said individuals between the age group of 20 to 30 years are among the highest applicants.
“The response has been overwhelming since the initiative was opened to all age groups, especially to those 18 years old and above who are eligible to get the vaccine, have a Grab account and live in Selangor.
“In fact, we also received applications from foreigners, expatriates, international students and non-Selangorians. However, the applications were declined as they did not meet the conditions,” he said in a virtual interview with SelangorKini, today.
Ahmad Azri said MBI will consider adding more allocation should the number of applications exceed the 50,000 target.
“As of now, the RM1 million allocation remains as there are cases where the applicant did not utilise the rebate even though it has been approved. However we can allocate more if we manage to exceed the limit,” he said.
Previously, the initiative, which was given an allocation of RM1 million under the Kita Selangor Package 2.0, was only open to those aged 50 and above. The expansion of the service is expected to benefit almost 50,000 individuals statewide.
Applications for the transport rebate programme of RM10 for a one-way trip of RM20 for a round trip were open from June 20 for rides to all PPV in the state and Kuala Lumpur between July 1 and September 30.
Visit www.platselangor.com and click Inisiatif MBI Bisnes Amal to signup for the offer.