SOME of you may want to learn how to diversify your marketing strategies. Keeping up with the current trend, digital marketing is the route to sprint forward.
Either you are revamping your mostly traditional marketing strategy or starting one for your freshly baked business – fret not, Sidec TV has just the suitable materials for you.
Sidec TV is here to assist you in digitalising your business. It is a platform where you could learn and immerse yourself in modules from digital marketing 101 to the most advanced search optimisation and advertisement retargeting from the comfort of your sofa or your makeshift home office.
Through Sidec TV, you may choose to start from the middle, back to the beginning, skip, go to the end and repeat. This means it’s available to you at all hours and in multiple chapters.
Google (a fun fact: it became an official verb in the Merriam-Webster Dictionary since 2006) has become an essential tool in our daily lives, with a whopping 5.9 billion searches every day. So, we think Google Marketing is the best place to start.
Here are five takeaways from the Google Marketing courses available on Sidec TV.
- Twelve free tools by Google, business owners should know, and they are:
- SEO – Search Engine Optimisation
- Keyword Planner
- Related Searches
- Google Trends
- Google Places
- Google Adwords
- Google Adsense
- Google Analytics
- Google Webmaster Tools
- Google Alerts
2. Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) are not the same.
SEO refers to the process by which search engines ‘crawl’ content to see how effective it will be to attract traffic. Search engines will assess several things in a website (such as keywords, tags and link titles) and rank it for its capacity to attract organic traffic based on a variety of factors.
Meanwhile, SEM, is a descriptor that incorporates various types of paid search advertising. It is seen as a Google ad and usually ends up at the top of a page list. Usually, this has to do with keyword placement, and when done right, it can provide knowledge and strategy.
3. Four types of paid ads under the Google advertising system:
- Search Ads – Ad will appear next to search results
- Display Ads – Banners that appear in articles, videos or websites that people browse through under the
- Google Display Network (GDN), a network of 2 million websites and apps, appearing where the consumers are
- Video Ads – Refers to YouTube ads
- App Ads – Promotes Mobile apps across the entire Google Network without any design experience required.
4. Pay-per-click (PPC) is better for keywords that are too common or generic.
Pay Per Click (PPC) is a model of SEM in which advertisers pay a fee each time one of their ads is clicked, and specifically, Google AdWords is Google’s advertising system in which advertisers bid on specific keywords for their clickable ads to appear in Google’s search results.
Therefore, to ensure lower bids for keywords, long keywords are better. It is more targeted to the niche audience. Business owners may use tools like ahref.com or Market Samurai to check their competition in keywords ranking.
Additionally, the key benefits of Google Adwords or PPC method include:
- Gives fast and measurable result
- Allows more control on your advertisement budget and schedule
- Highly targeted audience,
- Pays for your advertisements only when clicked by consumers.
- Gets your ad on top of Google search ranking instantly and may be turned on or off at any time.
5. SEM for short term campaigns and SEO for long term marketing strategy.
Seventy per cent of search users click on organic results, which means investing in SEM or PPC alone is not a sound strategy for the long run, albeit being a costly one.
Therefore, to get the right balance in cost and effectiveness, the website’s SEO must be improved.
With a combination of both strategies, visibility of your offers/campaigns may be heightened with PPC in a short-term campaign, and your website presence maintained at the top ranking with SEO for the long term.
To learn more about Google Marketing, head on to www.sidec.com.my/sidectv