By Amin Ridzuan Ishak
SHAH ALAM, July 21 — The Menteri Besar Selangor (Incorporated) or MBI is reviewing the need to amend the application form format for the RM20 rebate for using e-hailing rides to vaccination centres (PPVs)
Its Corporate Social Responsibility head Ahmad Azri Zainal Nor said this follows the Federal government decision to allow any individual who has yet to receive their vaccine slot to walk-in to any PPV starting from August 1.
“We (MBI and Grab) will look into the need to amend the application form format, so that those who have yet to get an appointment slot can apply for it earlier.
“As long as the voucher is utilised before September 30,” he said when contacted by SelangorKini today.
Ahmad Azri explained that the rebate cannot be given immediately as it needs to be reviewed to ensure all conditions are met.
Applications for the transport rebate programme of RM10 for a one-way trip of RM20 for a round trip were open from June 20 for rides to all PPV in the state and Kuala Lumpur between July 1 and September 30.
Previously, the initiative, which was given an allocation of RM1 million under the Kita Selangor Package 2.0, was only open to those aged 50 and above. The expansion of the service is expected to benefit almost 50,000 individuals statewide.
Visit www.platselangor.com and click on Inisiatif MBI Bisnes Amal to signup for the offer.
On July 16, the Federal government had announced that all Selangor and Kuala Lumpur citizens who do not have any vaccination date yet can walk-in to selected PPVs starting from August 1.