By Zareef Muzammil
SHAH ALAM, Oct 13 — Job opportunities in the aerospace, manufacturing and electronics sectors are among the highlights of the state government’s job fair Jelajah Selangor Bekerja 2021’ (2021 Selangor Jobs Exploration) to be held at the end of the month.
To be held in a hybrid manner, the list of companies participating in the career fair tour is still being finalised, according to Invest Selangor Berhad’s chief executive officer Datuk Hasan Azhari Idris.
“At present the (federal) government has frozen the recruitment of foreign workers, so we hope the locals take the opportunity that has been monopolised by that group,” he said during the launch of the job fair at Dewan Jubli Perak, Selangor State Secretariat Building yesterday.
Hasan added that Invest Selangor will also organise the 2021 Selangor Aviation Show at the Subang SkyPark Regional Aviation Center from November 25 to 27.
“We will work with human resource management and employers in the aerospace sector to create job opportunities,” he said.
The state’s investment promotion agency is collaborating for the first time in the six-series career fair tour that will start on October 23 to November 27.
Here are the dates and locations of the Jelajah Selangor Bekerja 2021 tour:
1. Dewan Jubli Perak, Selangor State Secretariat Building, Shah Alam (October 23)
2. Stadium Tertutup, Kuala Selangor (October 30)
3. Dewan Merdeka, Kuala Kubu Bharu (November 6)
4. Dewan Demesne, Hulu Langat (November 13)
5. Dewan Meranti, Paya Jaras (November 20)
6. Dewan Jubli Perak, Selangor State Secretariat Building, Shah Alam (November 27)