Selangor Journal
Members of the public looking at the job opportunities on offer during the Jelajah Selangor Bekerja 2021 programme at Dewan Jubli Perak, State Secretariat Building in Shah Alam, on October 23, 2021. Photo AHMAD ZAKKI JILAN/SELANGORKINI.

MB lauds state employment initiative, over 1,000 participants, 239 jobs secured

By Jerry Choong

SHAH ALAM, Nov 5 — Over 1,000 people have benefited from the Jelajah Selangor Bekerja 2021 programme, with 239 people securing jobs for themselves, said Menteri Besar Dato’ Seri Amirudin Shari.

In a Facebook post, he said another 513 participants have qualified for the second round of interviews.

“Companies including Proton, Assembly Services Sdn Bhd (UMW Toyota), Oldtown Kopitiam, and many more, are among the potential employers for the participants who succeed in the interviews.

“The state government calls upon Selangorians to attend the programme and gain benefit from it. Jelajah Selangor Bekerja still has four more locations througout the state to go to,” Amirudin said.

He added that he hopes the initiative can help the people seek employment, and thus increase the quality of their lives.

Those interested may visit www.selangorbekerja.com.my for the latest information.

The employment roadshow is set to take place at Kuala Kubu Bharu in Hulu Selangor tomorrow. Previously the programme also took place in Shah Alam and Kuala Selangor on October 23 and October 30, and is scheduled to take place in Paya Jaras, Petaling, on November 20.

Top Picks

NASA successfully crashes spacecraft into asteroid in live broadcast

Editor Selangor Journal

Viral message on abduction of children for their organs untrue — Bukit Aman

Editor Selangor Journal

High tide: Avoid beaches around Kuala Langat

Editor Selangor Journal