Selangor Journal
Menteri Besar Dato’ Seri Amirudin Shari handing over the Bantuan Selangor Bangkit cash aid to flood victims at Balai Penghulu Mukim Batu in Gombak, on December 30, 2021. — Picture by HAFIZ OTHMAN/SELANGORKINI.

BSB now reaches over 33,000 families — MB

By Jerry Choong

SHAH ALAM, Jan 14 — The Bantuan Selangor Bangkit (BSB) aid for flood victims and their families has reached approximately 33,130 recipients so far, said Menteri Besar Dato’ Seri Amirudin Shari.

In a post on Twitter, he said the BSB aid involved an allocation of RM33.25 million.

The district with the highest number of recipients remains Petaling at 11,236 and costs RM11.23 million, followed by Klang with 7,376 recipients at a cost of RM7.43 million, and Hulu Langat with 6,457 recipients at a cost of RM6.47 million.

The district with the highest number of flood victims who perished in the incident is Klang with six, followed by Sepang with three, and Hulu Langat with two.

 

 

On December 21 last year, the Selangor government allocated RM100 million in funds under the BSB programme, following the heavying flooding that hit eight districts in the state at the end of last year.

Eligible recipients include flood victims who were relocated to registered temporary relief centres (PPS), private PPS, and those who chose to remain with their homes.

Previously, Amirudin said the disbursement of the cash aid would be completed by the end of this month.

 

Top Picks

Storm, rain warnings for Selangor, other states until night today

Editor Selangor Journal

Over 12,000 Petaling flood victims receive RM1,000 aid

Editor Selangor Journal

State halal industry fingers three countries as potential global partners

Editor Selangor Journal