Selangor Journal
Flood victims collecting their Bantuan Selangor Bangkit (BSB) aid at Dewan MBSA Jalan Kebun in Shah Alam, on January 10, 2022. — Picture by FIKRI YUSOF/SELANGORKINI.

MB: State aid for flood victims surpasses 31,000 families

By Sheeda Fathil

SHAH ALAM, Jan 13 — Approximately 31,585 families affected by the floods last month have received RM1,000 in aid from the state government, as of 10am today.

Menteri Besar Dato’ Seri Amirudin Shari said RM31.70 has been spent to that effect, for the aid via the Bantuan Selangor Bangkit (BSB) initiative.

In a Facebook post, he shared an infographic that stated the next-of-kin of 12 people who perished in the floods at Klang, Sepang, Hulu Langat, and Kuala Langat, also received RM10,000 each.

The Petaling district had the most aid recipients with 9,837, followed by Klang with 7,376, and Hulu Langat with 6,457.

Similarly 3,600 recipients were situated in Sepang, followed by Kuala Langat with 1,890, Kuala Selangor with 1,548, Gombak with 750, Hulu Selangor with 92, and Sabak Bernam with 35.

On December 21 last year, the state government allocated RM100 million in funds under the Bantuan Selangor Bangkit initiative, due to the recent heavy floods caused by heavy continuous rain from December 17 to December 19.

Apart from infrastructural recovery, the initiative also covers RM10,000 cash aid to the families of flood victims who perished in the incident. RM1,000 cash aid will also be provided to the heads of flood victims’ families, to help them restore their homes and cover damages.

The aid began distribution on December 28, and is expected to be completed by the end of this month.

Top Picks

Fear not the booster shots, it will increase bodily immunity, says STFO director

Editor Selangor Journal

Overlapping applications, attempted fraud is cause of delayed BSB aid

Editor Selangor Journal

Subdued CNY in Taman Sri Muda this year amid flood victims’ sadness

Editor Selangor Journal