By Norrasyidah Arshad
SHAH ALAM, Jan 29 — The Klang District and Land Office has received around 70,000 Bantuan Selangor Bangkit (BSB) applications, as of yesterday.
Its district officer Mohd Faizal Abd Raji said of this number, 44,000 applications are qualified for the RM1,000 cash aid, together with the Bantuan Wang Ihsan (BWI) cash aid of the same value provided by the Federal government.
He added 14,000 families have received the benefits as of yesterday, including RM10,000 provided to the families of six victims who perished in the floods that took place in December last year. The aid began distribution on December 28.
“Currently we are reviewing all applications carefully, as there have been some who tried to take advantage despite not being flood victims.
“We have also detected overlapping applications. So the process will take some time, as we want to ensure the aid reaches those who are truly victims,” Mohd Faizal said to SelangorKini.
On December 21 last year, the state government announced a RM100 million fund to kickstart the Selangor Bangkit programme, to address the flooding and its aftermath.
In addition to infrastructural repairs, the allocation also covers RM10,000 in aid to the families of victims who perished in the floods, and RM1,000 in aid to the heads of affected households, for the restoration of their homes.
Those who qualify for assistance include three categories, which are victims who were evacuated to temporary relief centres, those who were evacuated to private centres, and those who chose to remain with their homes.