Selangor Journal
A healthcare worker is fully suited in personal protective equipment (PPE) while on duty in the Covid-19 intensive care unit (ICU) at Labuan Nucleus Hospital, Labuan, on June 5, 2021. — Picture by BERNAMA

Covid-19: 99 per cent of new cases in Category One, Two yesterday — Health D-G

KUALA LUMPUR, April 9 — A total of 14,944 new Covid-19 cases were reported yesterday with 99.56 per cent or 14,878 of the cases in Categories One and Two, bringing the cumulative number of Covid-19 cases in the country to 4,307,529.

Health director-general Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah, in a statement today, said the remaining 66 cases reported yesterday were in Categories Three, Four and Five.

“Of the 66 cases in Categories Three, Four and Five reported (yesterday), 11 cases involved those who had not been vaccinated or had not been fully vaccinated; 35 cases were those who have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine but have not received the booster dose, and 20 cases have received the booster dose,” he said.

Dr Noor Hisham said a total of 507 cases reported yesterday involved hospital admission, with 211 cases (41.6 per cent) in Categories Three, Four and Five; while the remaining 296 cases (58.4 per cent) comprised those in Categories One and Two.

On the recovery cases, there were 14,045 cases yesterday, bringing the cumulative number of Covid-19 recovery cases to 4,113,831.

On the use of health facilities, specifically for Covid-19 cases, Dr Noor Hisham said, only Selangor recorded a more than 50 per cent usage of the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) beds yesterday, which was 56 per cent.

For bed usage at the Covid-19 Low Risk Quarantine and Treatment Centre (PKRC), no state recorded more than 50 per cent.

On the infectivity rate or Rt value for yesterday, it was 0.84 nationwide, with Selangor still recording the highest rate of 0.96 and Kelantan, the lowest rate with 0.65.

— Bernama

Top Picks

Duo charged with offences linked to TikToker Esha’s death

Dewan Rakyat approves Malaysia Border Control and Protection Agency Bill

Jendela: Govt mulls legal action against idle contractors