By Jerry Choong
PUTRAJAYA, Dec 2 — Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim has announced the new Cabinet line-up in the new unity Federal government, with Bagan Datuk MP Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi announced as the Deputy Prime Minister.
Zahid will also hold the portfolio of Rural And Regional Development, while Anwar will simultaneously hold the Finance portfolio.
In what is a first in Malaysian political history, Petra Jaya MP Datuk Seri Fadillah Yusof has also been appointed as the second Deputy Prime Minister, as well as Minister of Plantations and Commodities.
During the special broadcast from Putrajaya earlier tonight, Anwar also announced the other ministers, starting with Anthony Loke as Transport Minister.
Loke formerly held the same portfolio during the Pakatan Harapan Federal administration from May 2018 to February 2020.
The other Cabinet ministers include:
- Agriculture and Food Security — Mohamad Sabu
- Economy — Rafizi Ramli
- Local Government Development — Nga Kor Ming
- Defense — Datuk Seri Mohamad Hasan
- Works — Datuk Seri Alexander Nanta Linggi
- Home Ministry — Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasution Ismail
- International Trade and Industry — Tengku Datuk Seri Zafrul Tengku Abdul Aziz
- Higher Education — Datuk Seri Mohamed Khaled Nordin
- Science, Technology, and Innovation — Chang Lih Kang
- Women, Family and Community Development — Datuk Seri Nancy Shukri
- Domestic Trade and Living Costs — Datuk Seri Salahuddin Ayub
- Minister in the Prime Minister’s Office (Law and Institutional Reform) — Datuk Seri Azalina Othman Said
- Natural Resources, Environment, and Climate Change — Nik Nazmi Nik Ahmad
- Entrepreneurial Development and Cooperatives — Datuk Ewon Benedick
- Foreign Affairs — Datuk Seri Zambry Abd Kadir
- Tourism, Arts and Culture — Datuk Seri Tiong King Sing
- Communications and Digital — Ahmad Fahmi Mohamed Fadzil
- Education — Fadhlina Sidek
- National Unity — Datuk Aaron Ago anak Dagang
- Religious Affairs — Datuk Mohd Na’im Mokhtar (also the Chief Syariah Court Judge)
- Youth and Sports — Hannah Yeoh
- Human Resources — V. Sivakumar
- Health — Dr Zaliha Mustafa
- Minister in the Prime Minister’s Office (Sabah and Sarawak) — Datuk Armizan Mohamad Ali
The prime minister also announced the Finance Ministry will aided by a panel of advisors headed by former Petronas president and chief executive officer Tan Sri Mohd Hassan Marican.