By Norrasyidah Arshad
GOMBAK, Dec 12 — Steps will be taken to deal with landslides around Selangor once the full report has been filed by the special task force, said Menteri Besar Dato’ Seri Amirudin Shari.
He said so far the team, which includes several experts from the Malaysian Department of Minerals and Geosciences, has already submitted the preliminary study report.
“Once we have the full report in hand, we can know how fragile the land is, which will allow us to take action including providing the necessary allocations.
“However, a full report involving all aspects needs time. We expect within a year or two there will be comprehensive action, so for the time being we identify high-risk areas first,” Amirudin said.
He was speaking at the site of the landslide incident at the yard of Kampung Sungai Pusu resident Abdul Malik Mohd Hashim, 68, during his field visit to the location earlier today.
This month has seen two landslide incidents take place in Ampang and Puchong, following heavy rainfall. In both instances, no injuries were reported, with only damages to residences and vehicles parked nearby.
In March, state executive councillor for infrastructure Izham Hashim said Selangor has set up a task force to monitor slopes at risk of collapsing throughout the state.