Selangor Journal
Menteri Besar Dato’ Seri Amirudin Shari responding to queries during the Selangor State Legislative Assembly session in Shah Alam, on February 28, 2024. — Picture by REMY ARIFIN/SELANGORKINI

Opposition activist to face legal action over baseless allegations against Selangor MB

By Selangor Journal Team

SHAH ALAM, April 20 — Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia’s (Bersatu) Badrul Hisham Shaharin, better known as Chegu Bard, will face legal action over his baseless allegations against Menteri Besar Dato’ Seri Amirudin Shari.

In a statement today, the Menteri Besar’s political secretary, Saifuddin Shafi Muhammad, said the accusations have been deliberate ahead of the upcoming Kuala Kubu Baharu by-election.

He said this is similar to what occurred in the 2023 Selangor State Election last August, where the accuser also faced legal action from Amirudin for making false statements.

“The tactic is nothing but a desperate attempt by certain parties ahead of the Kuala Kubu Baharu by-election, which is very easy to see through in terms of its storyline and script.

“Recognising previous inaccuracies in his statements, we invite him to join others facing legal action, akin to a prominent figure in the northern state, due to the lack of information for political attacks. Wishing him the best of luck,” said Saifuddin, without naming the specific individual.

Saifuddin said he had read of the police report lodged by Chegu Bard on the allegations that the Selangor Menteri Besar was involved in a questionable land deal the latter had approved.

The Bersatu Information Committee member claimed that he had supporting documents to prove his allegations that the Selangor government had transferred 100.04 acres of land in Dengkil to Landasan Lumayan Berjaya Sdn Bhd (LLBSB).

“The Selangor Menteri Besar’s office is fully cooperative and prepared to assist the authorities in clearing the Menteri Besar’s name from these false allegations,” Saifuddin said.

On April 16, Amirudin advised Kuala Kubu Baharu voters against believing false statements and negative propaganda brought by opposing parties ahead of the upcoming by-election of the state seat on May 11. The Menteri Besar said that while he is prepared to owe up for his mistakes, he would not tolerate false accusations.

In August last year, Amirudin filed a lawsuit against Kedah Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor over his allegations regarding the Sungai Klang cleaning project.

Sanusi previously claimed Berjaya Group founder Tan Sri Vincent Tan wanted to implement a RM10 billion project on Sungai Klang and that, in return, the businessman would receive 600 acres of land for free.

Berjaya Bhd had also stated it would take legal action against the Kedah Menteri Besar for the ‘baseless accusations’ over the Selangor Maritime Gateway (SMG) project.

Top Picks

Missing Bukit Broga teen found dead

Pilih Karnival PKNS campaign to strengthen brand further, increase sales

Editor Selangor Journal

Sg Klang’s cleanliness improves as waste decreases threefold — Exco

Editor Selangor Journal