By Zareef Muzammil
SHAH ALAM, Sept 25 — Tourism Selangor has announced 20 winners for the Selangor’s 2021 Tourism Recovery Plan Pitch Competition in a virtual ceremony, yesterday.
The competition offered cumulative project grants worth RM150,000 and out of the total, 10 main winners received RM10,000 grants each while the remaining 10 winners walked away with RM5,000 worth of project grants.
Its general manager Azrul Shah Mohamad said the winners will also stand a chance to present their projects during the Tourism Selangor Global Convention 2021, which is scheduled to take place on November 29 and 30, subject to the Standard Operating Procedures.
“The competition was organised with the vision to foster Selangor’s tourism industry, as well to become the platform for the State’s industry players to express their creative and innovative ideas towards the recovery of Selangor’s tourism industry post Covid-19.
“On behalf of Tourism Selangor, I encourage the members of the public to share their innovative ideas with us in the best interest of the industry,” he said during the ceremony.
The competition ran from June 14 to July 14 and received a total of 101 proposals. Out of the total, 34 proposals focused on the ‘creative and innovative tourism’ category as well as ‘sustainable tourism’ while the remaining proposals were focused on ‘tourism digitalisation’.
Apart from that, 40 proposals were pitched by the local universities, 35 from private organisations, 16 from tourism-based companies and the rest were from non-governmental organisations and local authorities.
RM10,000 grants winners
- Egg Cracking Team – 2021 Egg Cracking Project – Restart
- FLA Plasma – Kreatif & Inovasi Pelancongan Sukan Memanah Tradisional & Berkuda
- Hikers Traning & Consultant – Kayak Di Bagan Lalang Sepang
- Kelab Seni Kelajuan Malaysia – AOSCC Kustom Hotwheels 2021
- KOSAS Travel – Transformasi Komuniti Pelancongan Sungai Besar
- Persatuan Benih Hijau – Smile(Sky Mirror Is Life Education)
- SELCHA – Pengurusan Risiko Bencana dalam Pengurusan Pelancongan Setempat
- Sunflower Holidays – Sovikraf Selangor
- SustainableX – Kajang on Board – A Family Vacation Board Game Project
- 10.Youth of Balakong – Pelancongan Perindustrian Balakong
RM5,000 grants winners
- Asian Overland Services Tours – Enhancing Sustainable Practices of Selangor Homestay Operators and Delivering a Truly Kampung Experience: In collaboration with Kg Sungei Sireh Homestay
- Cycledios – Revive Selangor Dosmetic’s Tourism with “Digitalization Tourism”
- Da Men Mall – Wonders of Kampung Food
- Discover Kuala Langat – Resposible Tourism Post Covid-19 Peranan Ilmu Dalam Penghayatan Kelestarian Hutan Bakau (dari sampah jadi khazanah/from trash to treasure)
- Explorers of Selangor Tourism – Creativity & Innovative Sustainable Tourism
- Hunt Without Boundaries – Explore Selangor Virtually
- Let’s Bike- Savour Slow Pace Stay Longer Spend Local -Cycling as a Driver for Substainable Tourism
- Photo Creator Magazine – Go Green Photography Exhibition
- The GM Clan 2 – Datang Klang, Pasti Girang!
- 10.U2 Travel Group – “Hidden Jewels of Malaysia” Moving Towards Sustainable Tourism