Selangor Journal
Passengers and boat operator wearing face masks while using the public transport in Labuan waters on October 18, 2020. — Picture by BERNAMA

CMCO in Labuan extended from tomorrow until Dec 6 — Ismail Sabri

KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 13 — The conditional movement control order (CMCO) in the Federal Territory of Labuan, which is supposed to end today, will be extended starting tomorrow until December 6, says Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.

He said the decision was made on the advice and risk assessment by the Ministry of Health (MOH) as there were still 35 new cases of Covid-19 as of yesterday, bringing the total number of positive cases in Labuan to 1,135.

“The CMCO needs to be implemented to curb the spread of Covid-19 and to enable the health workers to actively carry out case detection in targeted areas identified as high risk,” he said at his daily press conference here today.

The government had earlier announced the enforcement of the CMCO in Labuan from October 17 to 30, which was then extended until today.

Meanwhile, Ismail Sabri said the enhanced movement control order (EMCO) enforced in Kampung Haji Baki, Kuching ended earlier than scheduled.

He said it was due to all the screening test results obtained yesterday and no Covid-19 positive cases detected in the area in the past seven days.

Earlier, the government had announced the enforcement of the EMCO in Kampung Haji Baki from October 28 to November 10, before being extended until November 24.

— Bernama

 

Top Picks

23 amendments proposed for Anti-Tobacco Bill — KJ

Proposed industrialisation of cannabis, ketum needs control mechanism — Home Minister

Malaysia jump up two rungs in Fifa ranking to 146th in the world