Selangor Journal

MPAJ collects over RM600,000 in plastic bag charges as of May

By Diana Abd Wahab

SHAH ALAM, June 2 — The Ampang Jaya Municipal Council (MPAJ) has collected approximately RM617,729.98 in plastic bag charges, as of May 23.

According to MPAJ President Ani Ahmad, the collection is the result of contributions from 753 registered premises participating in the 20 sen plastic bag charge programme.

“60 per cent of the proceeds, amounting to RM370,637.99, will be handed over to the state government.

“The remaining 40 per cent (RM247,091.99) will be deposited into the council’s trust account,” she said at the full MPAJ meeting yesterday.

Ani added that based on an assessment by the Licensing and Entrepreneur Development Department, besides the 753 premises that impose the 20 sen charge, 728 other premises have completely ceased using plastic bags, while 51 more premises are either inactive or have ceased operating.

Last year MPAJ collected RM1.046 million in plastic bag charges, of which 60 per cent was handed over to the state government, while the remaining 40 per cent was allocated to MPAJ’s trust account.

Top Picks

MPSepang approves quarter bln to implement 2024 plan, focus on seven strategies

Editor Selangor Journal

Residents urged to continue efforts as Sepang dengue cases continue to drop

Editor Selangor Journal

Selangor works with educational institutes to strengthen talents in rail industry — Exco

Editor Selangor Journal