By Norrasyidah Arshad
SHAH ALAM, Sept 15 — Some 24,000 jobs are up for grabs at the Selangor Mega Job Fair 2020, which will be held at nine locations across the state starting from October 3 till December 29.
Selangor Youth, Sports Development and Human Resource Development Committee chairman Mohd Khairuddin Othman said the programme will kick off at the Shah Alam Convention Centre (SACC) for two days, targeting 15,000 visitors.
“The (first) event will include 60 employers offering 5,000 jobs. For the programmes at the district level, the jobs offered will take into account the demographic factor as well as the localised market demand,” said Khairuddin at a press conference here today.
Khairuddin had also encouraged the public from different age groups as well as those from other states to participate in the event.
“Based on the information provided by Social Security Organisation (Socso), some 20,000 people have lost their jobs in Selangor, and we hope that they will take up this opportunity,” he added.
The 2020 edition of the Selangor Mega Job Fair is in collaboration with the Human Resources Ministry, Jobs Malaysia and Socso.
The following are the locations and dates of the upcoming events:
1. SACC — 3 and 4 October
2. Kuala Selangor indoor stadium — 10 and 11 October
3. Dewan Orang Ramai Telok Panglima Garang, Kuala Langat — 24 and 25 October
4. Gombak Community Centre — 7 and 8 November
5. Dewan Seri Cempaka Kajang, Hulu Langat — 14 and 15 November
6. Sepang — 21 and 22 November
7. Hulu Selangor — 5 and 6 December
8. Sabak Bernam — 12 and 13 December
9. Klang — 28 and 29 December